Saturday, June 30, 2012

Crappy Job

I am dawning on a first year here. I have not done a very good job of keeping up with this blog, which saddens me. I wanted to have a record of what went on, but so far I have failed.

There are lots of reasons. I have been at a loss of what to write at time or just been so down that I didn't want to write about my journey. I am not as happy with my writing as I could be, although that might mean I should be writing more and practicing. Finding country in the city is difficult at times, and at other times I am just so fet up with city life I want to scream, on occasions I have.

There are cool things about the city. They are so hard  to see beyond the horrible drivers, annoying neighbors, busy body self appointed block lords, and long commutes. Not to mention the lack of  space, no pastures with cows or horses. I have not seen chickens, ducks, or very much wildlife in a long time.

I miss those things. I miss so many things it hurts at time. I miss the country, the country life, the country style, the country mindset.

I also miss exercising and getting outside and doing real work. I have gotten into the habit of going to work, which is exhausting and coming home and collapsing. I get exercise at work, but no strength training and my core is weak. I keep hurting my back because of that.

Bad day. I'll get over it.

1 comment:

  1. I completely understand. I struggle to keep up with my blog too. Living in the suburbs of Chicago is not much easier with all the growth and regulations. But we do the best we can. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete