Thursday, August 18, 2011

Moving .. YUCK!

Today I "moved" to Chicago. I am not moving all at once. M and I are sharing his condo, not big enough for all my stuff and his. So I am just moving enough things in to make myself feel at home. Some blankets, pictures, house plants, and other things I "can't live without."

Before I left I had to take care of the animals that are still there, six goats and a miniature horse. Rocky my mini is going to a new home on Saturday. I was struck with what I am doing as I went to catch him. I was catching, not only him for the last time, but any horse for the foreseeable future. No longer, at my whim will I be able to go out to the pasture and play with my horses. No longer will I have to worry about caring for the pasture, make sure there is enough water or hay, do a check to make sure everyone is okay. No longer will I fix fences or just take a book out to read while the horses graze.

I made sure that everyone had enough hay and called M. This is just a moment in time he reminded me. Some day I might get some of that back. A piece of land, a place for a horse and some goats. This is just a moment in time.

3 comments:

  1. Change is always hard; I hope this helps:

    You are moving on to care for a different pasture; it won't be water or hay, it'll be compliments, affection and encouragement that you'll need to make sure there is enough of. Trust me, there will also be plenty of fences that need tending and mending, and one day you will take out your book to read while your sweetie works nearby and realize that it only the pasture that has changed, not the process. And because of your courage, one day you now have the chance to one day have it all. The love, the relationship and that piece of land for a horse or two, and some goats. I'm very, very proud and inspired by you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second the 'Yuck'! We moved some of our things to the project house in July. Now, the other house is sold. Movers come on Saturday. We have been moving cartons and small items for two weeks. There is 'stuff' all over the place. I don't know how the movers will even find places to put everything.

    Sounds like you are in the first stage... but you have the challenge of fitting your things in and around M's things. Let your new adventure and new life begin! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moving is such a pain!! Especially when trying to combine two households because there is never enough room for everything. I still have that problem five years later lol. I hope it all goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete