Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Happiness Project

Over the past year I have been struggling to be happy here in Chicago. Sometimes I can't believe what a wonderful city I live in and then others I can't believe I live in a city. I have been going back and fourth between the two a lot, even in the same day.

I am not an unhappy person. I don't want to be an unhappy person. More than anything I want to be happy with my life, and it is a good life. I really have no reason to be unhappy. I still own a horse. I have two wonderful dogs. My partner is the perfect man I could hope for. I have a roof over my head and a job. I am not wanting for food. Although I could use a new car, mine runs fine.

So I started reading The Happiness Project.  I am also reading The Happiness Project blog.

Both of these are helping me to start thinking about being happy. That is a step in the right direction. I want to start my own happiness project. As Mary Dunbar suggested, I want to find my own special light.

We are each gifted in a unique and important way. It is our privilege and our adventure to discover our own special light. ~Mary Dunbar

No comments:

Post a Comment