Thursday, February 9, 2012

Cooking for my man

I love to cook and make meals for my man. There is something satifying about sitting down for a meal together and knowing that I made our meal and that he enjoys it so much.

Part of the reason that I loved the country was getting meat where I knew it came from.  So I tend to grin and bear it when I shop. When I make trips up to Wisconsin I stop in at out local butcher and get some stuff I feel good about. There is just something about knowing that your meat was raise, slaughtered, and processed not far from where you are buying it. I hate picking up the Purdue package and knowing that those chickens had a really crappy life. Not to mention the people who raised  and processed the chicken were not treated much better. Tyson too. I hate those big name brands. Getting the unnamed stuff is not much better. I know that the chickens or beef where not raised anywhere around here.

Produce on the other hand. Well our local Caputos is the bomb. There are fresh veggies in there that I have no idea what to do with but I am having fun learning! Still working up the nerve on a lot of stuff. Mike is not as adventurous as I am when it comes to new things.

Hopefully this summer I can visit some of the farmer's markets that are all around us. 

1 comment: